Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Updating a Bit

So far, so good.   My second week in a row of posting, I wonder how long I will be able to stick to my schedule.

My sewing room/office that I work in, is a small room.  But it does have 2 windows which give me a lot of natural light, thus why I use the room.  I love to open my windows for fresh air....but not today..its only 24 outside.   I hope winter is finally here in NW New Jersey.

On my desk, I have a wooden chest that is about 11 x 6 x 6 which holds my little things, that I do not like to see on my desk.   You know that stuff....receipts, stamps, address labels and checkbook.  

Ok, so I guess you are wondering where I am going with this.....my little wooden chest.    It was stained dark, really dark and I thought I would like to change the look.





This is the inside of it, to show you how DARK it actually was !

I discussed my idea with my sweet husband and off he went with my chest!  It actually came out nicer than I ever thought it would.  In hindsight we should have taken a before photo as well.

And here is the finished piece!! 

I thought he was going to go through numerous steps but he didn't.   
He took plain flat white spray paint and sprayed the entire chest.   That is all he did !!  Look the texture that naturally appeared, it looks like tree branches.  
After it dried, he took some scotch bright and lightly went over some of the brass "buttons".  It looks like the chalky paint finish   :)

I love it !!

3 comments:

  1. It's wonderful. Maybe that hubby of yours has a "new" job waiting for him.

    Happy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Joyce, trust me, he wears the "hat" of many jobs. :) I can't wait until he retires ...... ohh the little devil in me. Happy Tuesday to you also.

      Delete
  2. What an adorable chest. What a great idea, it sounds like it is put to good use with hiding all the miscellaneous items.

    ReplyDelete