Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Pulled Pork Anyone?

I love using my Slow Cooker, especially during the winter month.   

Put everything in it and you have a meal.   I was surfing recipes and came across this one for Pulled Pork.   

 Seriously, I did have some reservations about it, I mean.....using Root Beer......really???

And knowing how fussy my husband is, it was either going to be eaten or tossed out.

I had a 2 pd piece of a pork shoulder frozen and thought I would use that instead of a tenderloin.   And in all honestly I did make some minor changes, due to my fussy husband (did I say that again?)  

My changes are within the parenthesis.



Crock Pot Pulled Pork

Ingredients: 

2 pd Pork Tenderloin ( 2 pd Pork Shoulder)
1/2 cup chopped onion ( 1 medium onion chopped)
( 1 clove garlic - chopped)
8 ounces Root Beer - just chug the rest  :)
(1 medium onion, chopped)
1 - 16 oz bottle Barbecue Sauce ( 1 jar Chili Sauce)

Salt and Pepper to taste

Place the Pork in the slow cooker; pour root beer over the meat.
Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily, about 6-7 hours.
Remove pork from the slow cooker and let it rest while you drain the fluids from the cooker.

Shred the pork, place back in slow cooker or sauce pan.   Add the second chopped onion, some garlic powder and chili sauce.    Simmer until onion is soft.

My fussy husband LOVED this!

Let me know if you have tried it and like it too

2 comments:

  1. I am looking for slow cooker and crock pot recipes these days, anything simple and easy for me. This looks like both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me when I say, it is really good. My husband finished it off last evening LOL

    ReplyDelete